If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All the flavors of pho in a simple, quick, weeknight recipe. —d_ribbens
- 1/2 Box rice noodles
- 2 Carrots
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1 Chicken breast (optional)
- 1 Package mushrooms (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- 4 cups Beef or veggie broth (or bouillon and water to equal volume)
- Boil water to cook rice noodles as directed. (Mine took 10 min)
- While rice noodles are cooking, slide mushrooms and/or chicken into thin strips. Dice onion. Peel carrot and use peeler to make thin, noodle-like strips.
- When noodles are cooked, drain immediately and time invoke water until cool. Return the same pot to the stove and heat on high, melting butter and adding sesame oil.
- Sautée onions and mushrooms (if using) until soft (2-3 min). Add ginger and oyster sauce. Add broth, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and poach until cooked though.
- Add kale and cook 2-3 min. Add back rice noodles and carrot "noodles". Return to simmer and then remove pot from heat.
- Eat and enjoy!!!