If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: use fresh roasted pumpkin in your
smoothie to make it thicker and get
a serving of fiber in your daily routine.
Pumpkin thickens the smoothie without it settling out to liquid and froth.
- 1 cup Fresh roasted pumpkin or squash
- 1.5 cups Frozen peach slices
- .5 cups Whole milk yougurt
- 2 tablespoons Honey, Agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup 1% Milk or milk variation
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender, but put milk in first. Blend one minute and pour and serve.
- Fresh roasted pumpkin and or squash: Choose 5lb pumpkin and give it a rinse in the sink. Prick the pumpkin all over with a paring knife. Take off The stem and microwave for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool until you can hold it. Cut in half remove seeds. Take a sheet pan cover with parchment paper. Roast 350' for 45 minutes more or less depending on the weight of your pumpkin. Insert a knife to check that it's tender without being dried out. Cool and scoop out of the skins, discard skins. You don't have to do anything else this is how it is used in smoothie.
More Great Recipes: