If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Golden milk is well known for plenty of health benefits along with boosting mood, improved metabolism and overall vitality. This recipe is my spin on golden oatmeal, which is made with turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, saffron and other spices. —CulinaryBee
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Oats Groats, soaked in water
- ½ inch pieces Fresh Ginger, grated
- ½ inch pieces Fresh Turmeric, grated or Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Shilajit, optional
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 3-4 Strands Saffron
- Toppings: Coconut Flakes, Goji Berries, Mulberries, Pepitas, Sliced Banana, Honey, Raisins, Chopped Dates etc.
- Heat water in a medium saucepan and add grated ginger, turmeric and saffron. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the oats and groats (drained) to the boiling water and cook on medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, add the remaining spices – cardamom powder, shilajit, cinnamon powder and ghee. Mix well.
- Transfer the oatmeal to serving bowls, top with raisins, dates, honey, banana for sweetness and any additional toppings as desired.