If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe is a savory noodle dish with an Indian twist! —Patti Devi
- 1 box Macaroni Elbow noodles
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt or to taste
- 2 slit green Thai chillies
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 small container of grape tomatoes halved
- Boil macaroni noodles and keep to side.
- Crank stove up to medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to wok. When oil is hot, add cumin seeds. When you get the aroma of the cumin seeds, add the onions.
- Halfway through frying the onions, add the green chillies. Fry everything till golden brown. Next, add the ginger paste. Fry for about 5-7 seconds making sure not to burn the ginger otherwise it will make the dish bitter.
- Add shredded carrots. Fry for about 5 minutes and then add shredded cabbage. Fry the cabbage halfway but make sure to leave it a bit crunchy for the fresh aspect.
- Add diced tomatoes, tumeric powder and salt, Cook until the tomatoes are completely cooked down.
- After the tomatoes have cooked down, add the cooked macaroni noodles. Combine everything thoroughly and then add the sour cream and combine again with heat for about a minute then turn stove off.
- Garnish with grape tomatoes and serve as an entree or as a side accompaniment to another entree. Delicious dish with an Indian, spicy flare. It is bound to please anyone's palate! Best when eaten hot!