My recipe is a savory noodle dish with an Indian twist! —Patti Devi
- Serves 6
Macaroni Elbow noodles
1 1/2 tablespoons
roma tomatoes diced
salt or to taste
slit green Thai chillies
large onion diced
small container of grape tomatoes halved
In This Recipe
- Boil macaroni noodles and keep to side.
- Crank stove up to medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to wok. When oil is hot, add cumin seeds. When you get the aroma of the cumin seeds, add the onions.
- Halfway through frying the onions, add the green chillies. Fry everything till golden brown. Next, add the ginger paste. Fry for about 5-7 seconds making sure not to burn the ginger otherwise it will make the dish bitter.
- Add shredded carrots. Fry for about 5 minutes and then add shredded cabbage. Fry the cabbage halfway but make sure to leave it a bit crunchy for the fresh aspect.
- Add diced tomatoes, tumeric powder and salt, Cook until the tomatoes are completely cooked down.
- After the tomatoes have cooked down, add the cooked macaroni noodles. Combine everything thoroughly and then add the sour cream and combine again with heat for about a minute then turn stove off.
- Garnish with grape tomatoes and serve as an entree or as a side accompaniment to another entree. Delicious dish with an Indian, spicy flare. It is bound to please anyone's palate! Best when eaten hot!