If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is adapted from a recipe by "the cookful". i changed ingredients, amounts and cooking method. also I am gluten intolerant so I use gluten free ingredients, but don't be limited by that fact if you don't have a gluten problem use regular ingredients.
these wings are very mild. if you want them to be hotter, taste the sauce before adding to the chicken and adjust accordingly or serve with a dipping sauce that is hot. that way everyone can enjoy the wings.
i plan to make chicken drumsticks and thighs with the same recipe adjusting the time needed to make sure the chicken is cooked through. take out at 145F keep covered and the steam will cook the chicken to 160F. —mrs. gabby's kitchen
Makes 20 -30 wings parts
packets gluten free chicken wings - perdue organics vegetarian fed wings works for me. i am gluten intolerent.
tablespoons gluten free baking powder
teaspoon diamond brand kosher salt
cup hot sauce - i used franks
cup sirracha sauce
piece lemon cut in wedges
cup olive oil
tablespoons superfinely minced fresh garlic
teaspoons diamond brand kosher salt
- Separate the wings into sections. put the tips aside for the soup pot. place the rest in a large bowl. dry off with paper towels.
- cover a large sheet pan with foil. set a cookie rack on it (i used two overlapping racks) and spray with cook spray.
- mix the baking powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the wings. then toss them with your hands making sure to get the baking powder mix all over the wings.
- place the wings on the racks in the single layer with space (1/4" at least) between the wing pieces.
- place in the oven and roast for 40 - 45 mins until the wings are dry looking and getting the slightest golden color on them.
- while the wings are roasting, whisk the hot sauce, sirracha sauce, olive oil, kosher salt and the garlic in a large bowl. remove half the sauce and set aside for later.
- take the wings out of the oven and place all in the large bowl with the sauce and toss to cover all wings well. use a spatula to get all the bits of sauce off the bowl and drizzele on the wings.
- place the wings back on the racks and in the oven.
- turn the oven on to 425F and let the wings, roast for 30 - 40 minutes.
- pour the rest of the sauce into the large bowl.
- place the roasted wings in the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. cover with foil and set aside for 15 minutes.
- plate up, squeeze a wedge of lemon over the wings and serve with the rest of the wedges and dipping sauces of your choice and any other sides you want. i use a horseradish sauce and some garlic bread on the side along with a salad if using as an entree.