If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My aunt from Norfolk, Virginia taught me to make this. It is the perfect brunch dish, served alone or with a crisp salad (except of course if you’re my husband who has jokingly threatened divorce if I ever try and serve it to him again).
- 10 slices old bread
- 1/2 pound grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Arrange layers of cheese and bread in greased 10" x 14" pan.
- Beat eggs slightly, add milk and seasoning.
- Pour over bread and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. (It's better if you leave it to soak overnight.)
- Bake at 350° F degrees until set, about 40-60 minutes.
More Great Recipes: