If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The mild bitterness of matcha powder pairs perfectly with the subtle sweetness of coconut, and that makes for an amazingly exotic balance of flavours. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 24 macaroons
- Matcha Coconut Macaroons
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Matcha Glaze
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, vanilla and matcha powder until well combined and fluffy.
- Fold in coconuts and salt.
- With wet hands to shape the coconut mixture into small balls, about 1 tablespoon-sized, and place them on the prepare baking sheets, spacing an inch apart.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden. Let cool slightly before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the matcha glaze, whisk all ingredients slowly until slightly thickened and completely smooth.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of glaze on top of each macaroon. Decorate with sprinkles if preferred.