If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes we all need to make a dessert without spending the entire day in the kitchen, right? I like these easy peasy recipes, especially when entertaining and pushed for time, they make a great finale for any dinner. Take the stress out, make it a day ahead!
The mousse is made of fresh strawberries to keep the dessert fresh and fruity. The other ingredients are heavy cream, powdered sugar and lemon juice! Add a drop of strawberry essence ( strawberry extract) for a more vivid taste! —Hadia Zbib Khanafer
- 600 grams . fresh fully ripe strawberries, hulled, washed and drained
- 11/4 cup heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 drop strawberry extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Leave the heavy cream at least 4 hours in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Transfer the heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Increase the speed to high and begin whipping, you will notice the cream will become frothy, continue to whip until firm peaks form. Refrigerate immediately.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or an immersion blender. Transfer to a saucepan, add the sugar and lemon juice. Cook over low medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup. Add strawberry essence, if used. Set aside to completely cool down. Fold into the whipped cream and stir gently to homogenize the mixture.
- Transfer to small ramekins and refrigerate immediately for a minimum of 4 hours. Garnish with strawberry jam and strawberries. Enjoy!!
More Great Recipes: