If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
cup vegetable oil
- Heat oil to frying temperature.
- Peel plantain: cut off the top and bottom; cut into the outside curve edge of the plantain, going as deep as the green exterior but being careful not to cut into the meat of the fruit; glide knife down the edge in a fluid motion; lift bottom edge of the skin of the plantain, and continue to lift the skin off of the plantain.
- Cut plantain into 1.5” chunks.
- Fry the plantain chunks until golden.
- Remove chunks from oil and place on paper towel.
- Smash the plantain chunks using the tostonera.
- Fry the smashed plantain until golden.