- Serves 6-8
This grain free/vegan tart is so good it will fool anyone into thinking it's packed with butter and flour and all the bad stuff people think makes good food! —Isabel Carlisle Storolis
Soft coconut oil
Stalk of rhubarb
Non GMO corn starch or substitue
Fresh lemon juice
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse and mix on low until a ball forms.
- Prepare pan with moderate amount of coconut oil- be sure to get in all crevices.
- Place dough ball in-between two pieces of parchment paper and roll into an even layer.
- Carefully take top layer of parchment off and lay dough over tart pan. (Remove top piece of parchment paper)
- Gently make sure crust is even and pushed into crevices. (If crust falls apart simple press back together and mold into even layer in pan.)
- Poke a few hole in bottom of crust and bake for approx. 15 mins until crust is firmed up.
- While crust is cooking combine filling ingredients in a pot and stir to combine.
- Heat over medium heat allowing a low boil. (Filling should thicken after about 5-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and poor into the prepared crust
- You can use a mandolin or cut thin strips from a whole stalk of rhubarb.
- Blanch strips in sugar water (about 2 cups of water to 1/4 cups of sugar.)
- After about 30 seconds of blanching the strips should be pliable.
- Remove from water and allow to cool enough to be handled.
- Lay strips horizontally, touching at the edges, across you tart.
- Starting from the middle tuck end of a strip under the top horizontal strip.
- Fold back every other horizontal strip and place vertical strip underneath.
- Lay horizontal strip back down. Do this to the whole pie.
- Trim edges if needed and tuck any that are sticking out around the edges into the pie filling
- Place pie in a 400F oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting!