If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This gin cocktail contains oxymel, a mixture of vinegar and honey, infused with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. This recipe comes from Humberto Marques, a mixologist at Copenhagen's Curfew Cocktail.
This recipe makes one cocktail, but plenty of oxymel; save the leftovers to add to a different cocktail (or this same one, on a different occasion), a dip, a salad, or more. Marques uses a sous vide method, and so did we. However, he notes that the oxymel can also be made by blending all the ingredients together and refrigerating the concoction overnight. —Food52
Makes 1 cocktail, about 1 liter of oxymel
Scarborough Fair Oxymel
- 3 sprigs sage
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 liter acacia honey
- 150 milliliters water
- 280 milliliters apple cider vinegar
- Fill and preheat a SousVide to 104° F.
- Put all ingredients into a small cooking pouch, press out as much air as possible with your hands, and seal it on a vacuum machine.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 10-20 minutes or until the liquid has completely dissolved. Once or twice during the cooking process, remove the pouch from the water bath and massage it gently to help dissolve liquids.
- When the liquid has completely dissolved, remove the pouch from the water bath and quick-chill the liquid by submerging the pouch in an ice water bath for 10 minutes.
- Pour Oxymel into a clean bottle, cap tightly, label, and store in the refrigerator. Use up to 4 weeks.
- For the non-sous vide method, blend all the ingredients and filter/strain into a bottle. Keep in the fridge overnight before using.
Scarborough Fair Cocktail
- 30 milliliters oxymel (infused with parsley, sage , rosemary and thyme)
- 50 milliliters Tanqueray gin
- 30 milliliters apple & rosehip marmalade
- 40 milliliters freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 milliliters Frangelico
- Shake all ingredients together and strain into a cocktail glass.
More Great Recipes: