If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Light and crisp cream puff filled with cereal milk whipped cream and topped with a Capt'n Crunch Streusel. *Adapted from Pai Shu Cream Puffs from Little Japan Mama. —Erica Hom
Makes: 12 large cream puffs
tablespoons Unsalted butter
cups All Purpose Flour
cups Heavy Cream
cups Fruit Flavored Cereal
tablespoons Unsalted Butter
cup Powdered Sugar
cup All Purpose Flour
cup Crushed Capt'n Crunch cereal
- For the topping: Melt Butter in a small saucepan. Stir in Sugar, crushed cereal and flour. Set Aside.
- For the cereal whipped cream: Pour heavy cream into a large bowl. Mix in the fruit flavored cereal and Let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the cereal out, making sure to press down on the strainer to get any cream that the cereal had absorbed. (thats the good stuff!)
- Pour strained cream into an electric mixer. Add sugar and whip till still peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the Pastry: Pre heat oven to 410F
- Melt butter with salt and water in a large saucepan over high heat.
- When butter is melted and it starts to boil, remove from heat and...Immediately add in flour all at once, and beat into a dough with wooden spoon.
- Put dough into an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure it's fully incorporated before adding the next egg. The dough will be VERY sticky. It's ok, its suppose to be sticky!
- Spoon dough into a Piping bag and pipe concentric circles onto paper-lined tray. using your fingers pat down any tips to prevent them from burning.
- Top with a small handful of the previously made cereal topping.
- Immediately bake 25 min until well puffed and browned then turn down the oven to 210F and continue to bake for 40 min to dry.
- Once puffs are cooled,cut each puff in half and pipe in whipped cream filling.