Author Notes: I just had to try this idea out, adapting a favorite easy mousse recipe I usually make with leftover Halloween candy. And it works! I love that this is a silly thing you could serve to the kids, or dessert that will get a giggle out of adults at a dinner party. Go wild decorating with candy corn or colored sugar. —TheRunawaySpoon
Makes: 4 large, or 6 small servings
ounces Candy corn, plus more for decoration
cups Heavy whipping cream
- Melt the candy corn and ¼ cup of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the candy corn is melted and the mixture is smooth, set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the remaining 2 ¼ cups cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Drop a few tablespoons of the whipped cream into the melted candy corn and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the mixture into the whipped cream gently, making sure to combine completely. Spoon the mousse into ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish the mousse with the reserved candy corn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat