If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just had to try this idea out, adapting a favorite easy mousse recipe I usually make with leftover Halloween candy. And it works! I love that this is a silly thing you could serve to the kids, or dessert that will get a giggle out of adults at a dinner party. Go wild decorating with candy corn or colored sugar. —TheRunawaySpoon
Makes: 4 large, or 6 small servings
ounces Candy corn, plus more for decoration
cups Heavy whipping cream
- Melt the candy corn and ¼ cup of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the candy corn is melted and the mixture is smooth, set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the remaining 2 ¼ cups cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Drop a few tablespoons of the whipped cream into the melted candy corn and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the mixture into the whipped cream gently, making sure to combine completely. Spoon the mousse into ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish the mousse with the reserved candy corn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat