If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These clams open their mouths in a broth of beans, kale, wine, and garlic. I took to removing a bunch from their shells and smearing the whole mix over toasted bread. —Just Me and The Clams
- 3 pounds little neck clams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 15 oz cans of cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- serve with toasted bread and lemon wedges
- Scrub the clams in the sink clean. I use a small brush that is meant for cleaning floors.
- Heat the butter in the pot on medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and kale, stirring slowly so nothing burns.
- After about a minute, add the garlic, white wine, lemon zest, and clams. Cover, steaming the clams open for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the beans, oil, and lemon juice. Serve with lemon wedges and toasted or grilled bread.