If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fish tacos, how we love them so… truly one of my favorite things to eat. I enjoy indulging in crispy fried versions once in a while, but in general prefer a healthier baked or grilled version. With the immense flavor of this tequila-lime recipe nothing will be lost, promise! There is just something so gratifying about a good fish taco. All you need is a nice flaky fish, a zesty salsa with a kick, guacamole, a crunchy slaw and of course a nice amount of citrus and spice and everything nice!
My family loved this recipe and I hope you enjoy it too. With summer just beginning, this is the perfect dish to make for warm afternoons in the backyard served with a refreshing margarita!
¡Buen apetito! —Basil and Roses
pound wild caught Cod fish
cup lime juice
cup olive oil
cup fresh cilantro, chopped
of one jalapeno chopped (remove veins/seeds for less heat)
small corn or flour tortillas
salt + pepper
- Cut fish into smallish pieces (approx 3-4 inches long).
- Make the marinade by combining tequila, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and jalapeno, S+P in a bowel.
- This smells amazing! The alcohol burns off during cooking but the tequila flavor is awesome!
- Place fish in the marinade and cover. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the mean time, you can make the fun accompaniments for the tacos.
- Once marinaded, place in preheated oven of 325 degrees F.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.