If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salmon, pineapple and an Asian-inspired marinade make for unexpected flavors in this ideal summer cookout dish. —Chef James
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Alaska Sockeye salmon
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 18 2 inches pieces pineapple
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomato, cut in half
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 radish, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- hot sauce, as desired
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, mustard, ginger and garlic. Stir to combine. Set two tablespoons of the marinade aside. Add the cubes of the sockeye salmon to the marinade and toss to coat. Marinade 30 minutes, or refrigerate and marinate up to overnight.
- Place the sockeye salmon cubes on skewers, alternating with the pineapple and onion.
- Prepare a hot grill. Clean and oil the grill grates. Lightly brush the skewers with oil. Cook the skewers on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the skewers from the grill and rest on a rack to cool. And brush with the reserved marinade.
- Separately, season the avocado, quinoa cherry tomatoes and edamame with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned vegetables in a bowl, adding the carrots, radish, scallion sesame seeds and hot sauce. Place two skewers over each bowl and drizzle each with any remaining reserved marinade.
More Great Recipes: