If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Strawberry Yogurt Cake is fluffy, moist and dairy-free. A perfect Spring cake! —VibrantPlate
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored vegan yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or burbon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F. Wash and dry strawberries and cut into slices.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites. In a bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar, oil, yogurt, lemon zest and rum (or bourbon). In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder. Sift the flour into the egg yolk and yogurt mixture. Fold the flour in gently.
- Beat egg whites into a firm snow and fold into the batter.
- Grease a round baking tin (about 20 cm large) and pour in the batter. Top with strawberry slices and almond flakes and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until the cake is golden brown. Test your cake with a toothpick - insert the toothpick into the cake and remove it. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready and you can remove it from the oven to cool down.
- Once cooled, top with icing sugar and serve.