If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you want a quick and dirty mole, this works in a pinch. In fact, its downright delicious. You can make it more or less spicy by controlling the amount of chipotles you add to the mix.
For a mellow, less acidic mole, I used tomato sauce instead of tomato paste. I think it worked great, and I typically have jarred tomato sauce on hand. Serve this over hot cooked rice. Bonus points for freshly made tortilla chips for dipping. —kimbaddd
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, or thighs work well too
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup jarred tomato pasta sauce
- 2 chipotle chilis, canned in adobo sauce (use less for milder, a bit more for hot. 3 chilis would be the max or you will feel the burn!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Place in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Place ¼ cup water and remaining ingredients in a food processor, process until relatively smooth. Spread mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender.