If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ground pork in an aromatic lemongrass sauce, served over rice noodles is super easy to make. This dinner can easily be on the table in 30 minutes and is equally good hot or room temperature. —In Good Flavor
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup finely chopped lemongrass, about 3 stalks
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 unpeeled cucumber, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned or shaved
- 10 ounces rice noodles (vermicelli)
- cilantro for garnish
- Bring a large pot filled 2/3 with water to a boil while prepping the vegetables, bringing it back to a boil just before cooking the noodles.
- Prep all of the vegetables. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Whisk to dissolve brown sugar. Add water and cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch is smooth and incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add oil. Add ground pork. Cook 1 minute, using a spatula to break pork into chunks. Add lemongrass, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Continue cooking and breaking up pork until the meat is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add sauce, stirring to incorporate into the pork mixture. Sauce will thicken slightly. Cook for 1 minute, reducing heat to medium when sauce boils. Remove from heat.
- Add rice vermicelli to boiling water, stirring gently to separate. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Noodles are done when they are tender but maintain body. Do not overcook as noodles will turn mushy quickly. Drain.
- To serve, place some noodles in a large bowl. Top with 1/4 of pork mixture. Add some cucumber, carrots, cilantro, or other vegetable condiments of choice.