If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is inspired by a pizza I had in Barcelona 3 summers ago. I've been making it in sandwich form since I got back and it makes me swoon every time. I make it when I find myself at home alone and occasionally for a lucky friend. It is infinitely greater than the sum of its parts. —iuzzini
fresh egg (fried to taste)
pieces farm bread (toasted)
asparagus spears (roasted)
drizzle olive oil
grated parmesan or another delicious cheese with a bite
slices prosciutto (optional)
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Butter or olive oil for the skillet
- Lube a medium sized skillet with butter or olive oil. If you have some leftover roasted asparagus, put them into the pan to reheat- if not, break off the ends of the spears, roll in olive oil, salt and pepper, and roll them around in the hot skillet until soft yet still bright green.
- Begin frying your egg in the other half of the pan.
- Toast 2 slices of delicious chewy farm bread or something along the same line . . .
- Flip your egg if desired. Salt and pepper it.
- Rub the tomato half onto the toasted bread. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the asparagus lengthwise. Begin assembling your sandwich: bread, prosciutto (if you decided to go in that direction), egg, asparagus, grated cheese, bread. Slice in half. Enjoy with some wine or beer. Think about Gaudi.