Author Notes: There’s no need to make a fussy pie in the summer when you can make an easy, quick and delicious Rhubarb Rose Galette instead! —Paige
store-bought or homemade pie crust
cups rhubarb sliced 1/2" thick
cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
large egg lightly beaten with a splash of water
turbinado sugar, a couple of tablespoons
Serve with strawberry ice cream
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat.
- Place rhubarb in a large bowl and add sugar, cornstarch, salt, and rose water. Mix well until combined.
- Roll out pie dough to an 11" disc and place on the lined baking sheet. Place rhubarb in the middle of the pie crust leaving a 2" border. Fold dough over and pinch to enclose the rhubarb, leaving the center open.
- Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 35-40mins, until crust is golden and juices are bubbling.
- Cool on sheet for 10 mins. Slide off with parchment onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla Ice cream.