If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The inspiration for this treat came from a confection I made last year at Passover time using matzo, peanut butter and dark chocolate. I added a layer of Dulce de lLche on one side and peanut butter on the other. This week I had several kinds of chocolate on hand (milk, dark, white, and dark with ginger) and several nut butters (peanut, almond and cashew). . I made several versions of this treat: white chocolate with almond butter and coarse sea salt, milk chocolate with peanut butter and sprinkles, dark chocolate with peanut butter, dulce de leache and sea salt, cashew butter with dark chcocolate and ginger with sea salt,to name a fewt I suggest melting several different types of chocolate, trying more than one kind of nut butter, using different sprinkles or sugars or salts as a topping. This could be fun to make with kids but I confess, I made them for me and my adult friends to enjoy! —JoanG
good qualilty graham crackers
ounces peanut butter or other nut butter
ounces Dulce de leche caramel sauce
cups chips or broken pieces of your favorite chocolate morsels (milk, dark or white) or some of each
Decorative sprinkles, sugars, or coarse sea salt for garnish
- Place crackers in a single layer on baking sheet. Melt chocolate in microwave or a double boiler and stir until smooth Remove from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes or so.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on one side of each creacker. Place in freezer for 5-1o minutes until firm
- Remove from freezer. Cover the peanut butter side of each cracker with about a thin layer of chocolate to cover completely. . Place crackers back into freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Remove crackers from freezer. Turn crackers over to and spread the Dulce de Leche in a thin layer. Freze again and then coat that side with the melted chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles or garnish with coarse sea salt. Rturn to freezer to harden.
- When hard, you can break each cracker in half. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Halloween Treat