If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As soon as the farmers markets were filled with spring's first apricots the best way to eat them is with this rustic galette.. One peach is added and the flaked hazelnuts on the crust make it even more perfect. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
grams cold butter
milliliters cold water
tablespoon flaked hazenuts
- Preheat oven to 190 C° Place your baking tray and heat.
- Pulse sugar, flour,salt and cubed cold butter in a food processor and pulse until it forms a yellow sandy texture. (1-2 minute) Add cold water and pulse to combine. (1 minute)
- On a lightly floured surface combine the dough and form a disk, wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut peaches and apricots into wedges. Add sugar cinnamon and corn starch and mix.
- Roll out pastry 4-5mm thick on a lightly floured surface smooth out any creases.Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Set apricots and peaches skin side up tightly together. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.Fold over edges of pastry to make a 2cm border around all sides. (Chill dough in the freezer for a few minutes if it becomes too soft to work with.)
- Brush the sides with eggwash. Sprinkle sugar and flaked hazelnuts and transfer sheet on the hot baking tray in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Remove baking sheet after 10 minutes and turn the galette for an even bake.