- Serves 4
Dark chocolate, caramel and whisky come together in this chocolate whisky caramel pots de crème, guaranteed to satisfy the most intense chocolate cravings! —Jenny
What You'll Need
- Chocolate Pots De Creme
dark chocolate (70%)
- Whisky Caramel
water for brushing sides
- Melt the chocolate in a medium glass or metal bowl over simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Add the cream, once the chocolate is almost melted. Whisk till smooth. Remove from heat. Let cool for 2 minutes. (let water simmer as we will get back to it in the next step)
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl. Add ¼ of the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix. Add it back into the bowl with the melted chocolate and set it back on the simmering water.
- Keep whisking constantly for 3 – 4 minutes. Pour into small glasses or ramekins. Make sure to leave about ½ cm for the caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate for 5 - 7 hours or overnight. Once set, pour room temperature caramel over the pudding. Sprinkle some grated white chocolate. Eat.
- For the Caramel - Start melting the sugar in a very clean big saucepan on medium heat. Make sure that the sugar is in one even layer in the saucepan so it all melts evenly. Keep a bowl with water and a pastry brush at hand. Once the sugar starts to heat, you will see little crystals form on the sides of the pan. Brush them with water. This is so that the melting sugar does not react with the crystals and go crazy.
- Just give the pan a swirl once in a while. Gradually the sugar will start to melt and then very fast it will start to change colour. Swirl if you see it melting unevenly
- Once it turns a golden, amber colour take it off the heat and add the butter. Be careful as it will bubble up. Then add the cream and whisky. Stir till incorporated then place the saucepan back on the heat till just heated through.
- Let cool completely before pouring on top of the chocolate pots.