If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this Mango Sorbetto "Colada" Float, I recommend imagining you are on a beach with calm, gently lapping waves. Serve with squat wedges of lime, or a freshly ground nutmeg-and-raw-sugar rim. This float is also a prime opportunity to bring out kitsch decorative flair, in the straw-and-umbrella department. The coconut milk makes for a dairy free version of an Italian cream soda, and I used Talenti Gelato's Alphonso Mango sorbetto for the frozen part of the drink. —Cristina Sciarra
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) dark rum
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) light rum
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lime juice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 pint mango sorbet
- Fizzy water
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) coconut milk
- To make the boozy base, whisk together the dark and light rums, the lime and pineapple juices, and the raw sugar; the sugar does not have to be completely dissolved. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 4 hours.
- To make the floats, divide the rum-and-juice base between the glasses. With the fizzy water, fill the glasses until they are 3/4-full. Add a small scoop of mango sorbet to the top of each glass, along with 1 tablespoon of coconut milk.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Topics: Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts