If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This adults only dessert is made with coconut rum soaked cookies, strawberry whipped cream, coconut rum whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, and fresh strawberries. This trifle decadent yet tastes cool, light, and refreshing. —In Good Flavor
pint whole strawberries (about 2 cups diced)
1/2 to 1
teaspoons granulated sugar (optional)
1 (15 oz)
can cream of coconut, separated
vanilla wafer cookies
cup coconut rum
cup toasted coconut for garnish (optional)
For the coconut rum whipped cream:
cup cold heavy cream
tablespoons powdered sugar
teaspoons coconut rum
For the strawberry whipped cream:
cups cold heavy cream
leveled tsp. strawberry flavored drink mix (I use Kool-Aid
cup powdered sugar
- Hull strawberries with a paring knife. Cut into small dices. If tart, sprinkle with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the solids from the can cream of coconut and place in a small mixing bowl. Reserve the remainder of the can content for other uses. Beat the coconut cream on medium high until it becomes thick, creamy, and white (about 1-2 minutes). There will be more than enough whipped coconut cream for tis recipe. Set aside.
- Scrape excess coconut cream off beater. Place 3/4 cup heavy cream and 2 teaspoons rum in a small mixing bowl. Beat on medium, increasing to medium high. When cream begins to thicken and increases in volume, gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until cream is smooth, fluffy, and holds a stiff peak. This should only take a minute or two.
- Scrape excess whipped cream off beater. Place 1 1/4 cup heavy cream and strawberry flavored drink mix in a medium mixing bowl. Beat on medium, increasing to medium high. When cream begins to thicken and increases in volume, gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until cream is smooth, fluffy, and holds a stiff peak. This should only take a minute or two.
- To assemble each trifle: Quickly dip 12 vanilla wafer cookies into a small bowl of coconut rum. Allow excess rum to drip back into bowl. Rough chop cookies into small pieces. Layer each trifle glass (12 oz. or larger) as follows, eyeballing the quantities: First layer: half of the rum soaked cookies. Second layer: 1/8 of strawberry whipped cream. Third layer: 1/8 of the strawberries, drained of juices. Fourth layer: 1/4 of the rum whipped cream Repeat the layering a second time. End with a top layer of whipped coconut cream.
- Garnish with toasted coconuts and a strawberry slice. Repeat assembly steps for the remaining trifles. Chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Makes 4 servings.