If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic cheesecake easily made with a food processor —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch cake
- 1 3/4 cups graham crack crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packets 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest and juice from a lemon
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh berries and cherries
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a food processor.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake crust for 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Turn down oven temperature to 250F.
- In a clean and dry food processor. mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Pour the filling in the prepare pan.
- Bake for 80 to 90 minutes, or until the edge of the cheesecake is puffed but the centre is still wobbly and wet looking.
- Turn off the oven with the door slightly opened, let the cheesecake sit in the oven to cool completely, at least an hour.
- Remove from the oven. Chill for overnight.
- Remove cake from springform pan and place on the serving plate.
- To prepare the topping, whisk the whipping cream and powdered sugar until it holds firm peaks. Gently spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Garnish with the berries and cherries. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.