If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Organic, wild caught fish and shell fish.
Outstanding flavor. Can be frozen if needed. —andreabakes
- 1/4 cup EV olive oil or coconut oil
- 8 Garlic cloves halved
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Fennel bulbs, chopped.
- 2 Leeks, white part, chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, seeded, chopped.
- Season before sautéing.
- 8 cups Good fish broth
- 1 Bottle of clam juice.
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 pinch Saffron stems - healthy pinch.
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- 24 Clams, cleaned.
- 4 pounds Wild cod, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 pounds Sea scallops
- 1 Largest shrimp, shells reserved to sauté in pot before sauté veggies (opt) and remove when pink.
- Sauté veggies in large dutch oven until they turn golden.
- Add to the veggies in the Dutch oven: stock, clam juice, bay leaves, saffron, Pernod to broth. Bring to simmer. 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Add the clams, cover simmer over medium heat 3 minutes. Add the seasoned cod, cover, 2 minutes. Add the sea scallops and shrimp, both seasoned w/salt and pepper. Cover and simmer about 4 minutes. Clams should be open. Fish just cooked.
- I remove the fish and shellfish from the broth so it won't over cook. However, just place fish and shellfish in a big bowl and ladle soup over. Garnish with fennel fronds. This even freezes perfectly well!