If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Homemade Coconut Milk recipe is perfect whether you are making coconut milk for cooking or as a cow’s milk alternative.
The difference is just in proportions of coconut to water.
I use less water for more creamy and rich coconut milk, which is perfect for your Thai curry.
For drinking just add more liquid. —Kirill Greidan
grams Fresh Coconut
milliliters Water or Coconut Water at 70C (160F) degrees
- First of all, extract the coconut flesh
- I usually use the coconut water from the coconut I just cracked and add water. But you can use water or coconut water only.
- Using a fine sieve, drain the mixture. Use a wooden spoon to squeeze all the liquid from the pure.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of days. It is absolutely normal for coconut milk to separate, just give it a good shake before using.
- With the proportions above you will get a consistency of a cooking coconut milk – it’s creamier. For drinking add an extra 200ml of water/coconut water.