If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up this was the meal that I always requested—birthdays, Christmas, last day of school. Then, as a 19 year old, I longed to be welcomed home from college with the grilled fired up and lots of small bowls of topping in the kitchen to greet me. Now, as a married adult, it's the meal I entertain with which always gets compliments and the leftovers aren't so bad either! —Emma King
- 2.5 pounds flank steak
- 1.5 quarts tomato juice (such as V8)
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 white onion, quartered & not peeled
- 2 splashes orange juice, fresh or store-bought
- handfuls cilantro, chopped
- First combine all ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag. I like to marinate this meat no less than 12 hours (overnight works best). When you get ready to grill, pull the meat out about 30 minutes before to let to come close to room temperature.
- Grill the meat to your liking. We like it medium. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Serve with soft tortillas and all the toppings you like!