If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Contrasting the cool sweetness of honey mango with the blistering heat of Scotch Bonnet peppers, this is a great Father's Day grilling recipe. —Jim Kennedy
bone-in chicken thighs
teaspoons sea salt
lime, zested and juiced
teaspoon sherry vinegar
tablespoons jerk seasoning
- In a mortar and pestle, crush garlic cloves.
- Add chopped peppers and salt, grind until the mix is a chunky paste. Add mango, lime zest, juice, honey and vinegar, mix. Reserve half for a sauce.
- Put chicken thighs and half of the mango marinade in a zip-lock bag, refrigerate overnight
- For jerk seasoning: Toast and grind 1 tbsp cumin seed, 1 tbsp tellicherry black pepper and 1 tsp clove. Combine with 1/4 cup cane sugar, 1 tbsp sea salt, 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp allspice
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade, wipe away excess honey mango mixture. Coat with jerk seasoning. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare 2 zone wood or charcoal grill.
- Sear chicken over high heat. Remove to cooler side of grill
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until tender, falling off the bone.
- Serve with the remaining mango sauce and a glass of milk.