Author Notes: Contrasting the cool sweetness of honey mango with the blistering heat of Scotch Bonnet peppers, this is a great Father's Day grilling recipe. —Jim Kennedy
bone-in chicken thighs
teaspoons sea salt
lime, zested and juiced
teaspoon sherry vinegar
tablespoons jerk seasoning
In This Recipe
- In a mortar and pestle, crush garlic cloves.
- Add chopped peppers and salt, grind until the mix is a chunky paste. Add mango, lime zest, juice, honey and vinegar, mix. Reserve half for a sauce.
- Put chicken thighs and half of the mango marinade in a zip-lock bag, refrigerate overnight
- For jerk seasoning: Toast and grind 1 tbsp cumin seed, 1 tbsp tellicherry black pepper and 1 tsp clove. Combine with 1/4 cup cane sugar, 1 tbsp sea salt, 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp allspice
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade, wipe away excess honey mango mixture. Coat with jerk seasoning. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Prepare 2 zone wood or charcoal grill.
- Sear chicken over high heat. Remove to cooler side of grill
- Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until tender, falling off the bone.
- Serve with the remaining mango sauce and a glass of milk.