If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been due to make a dish on the sweeter side for a while but lately, I’ve lost a bit of the sweet tooth that has carried me through life for 20-something years. I settled on banana bread because it’s the perfect treat that a sweet tooth or non-sweet tooth can enjoy. I’m not huge on bananas but I’m challenging myself to diversify and find ways to enjoy foods I don’t like. Plus, when have I ever turned up my nose at a slice of Alannah-friendly banana bread? Never. —Alannah | Kale Mary
Makes 1 loaf (28cm tin)
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds with 6 tbsp water, mixed and left to stand for 10 mins)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix the dry ingredients and ensure no lumps. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and cook in the oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stand for 20 mins before taking the loaf out of the tin. Rest on a cooling rack before slicing and serving.