If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Extra Spicy Michelada is second to the right. Key ingredient: habanero hot sauce, pickled jalapeño garnish. —Samantha Weiss Hills
- coarse sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoons habanero hot sauce, like Melinda's
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 12-ounce bottle lager
- pickled jalapeños and/or lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- If you'd like a salt rim: Pour coarse salt onto a dish that is larger than your glass's rim. Use spent lime wedges to moisten the rim of your glass and press it into the salt. Set aside.
- Mix the hot sauce and lime juice at the bottom of your glass. Fill the glass with ice, and then pour in the lager. Mix thoroughly and garnish with pickled jalapeños and/or lime wedges if you'd like. Drink immediately! (Try not to break a sweat.)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!