If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pickled Michelada is smack dab in the center. Key ingredients: pickle brine, vinegary pepper sauce. —Samantha Weiss Hills
- Coarse sea salt, for rim (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle brine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 or so splashes vinegar pepper sauce, like Trappy's or Texas Pete
- 1 12-ounce bottle lager
- Cornichons and pickled pearl onions, for garnish
- If you'd like a salt rim: Pour coarse salt onto a dish that is larger than your glass's rim. Use spent lime wedges to moisten the rim of your glass and press it into the salt. Set aside.
- Mix the hot sauce, pickle brine, lime juice, and vinegary pepper sauce at the bottom of your glass. Fill the glass with ice, and then pour in the lager. Mix thoroughly and garnish with cornichons and pickled pearl onions if you'd like. Drink immediately!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!