If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is derived from an old Persian tradition of adding turmeric to your eggs. Back in the day, Turmeric was presumably used for medicinal purposes. Although today, there is much debate about the specific health benefits of turmeric, it is still an excellent spice to utilize in the kitchen. I often use it in sautes and in this case on scrambeled eggs! When the turmeric is exposed to the hot olive oil, it turns into an absolutely gorgeous crimson color. It's really beautiful and adds a nice subtle flavor to otherwise simple eggs. —Basil and Roses
teaspoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Once hot, add most of the turmeric to the oil reserving a pinch to add on top of the eggs at the end.
- Crack eggs into the turmeric/oil mixture and move around using a spatula.
- Once eggs reach the consistency you like, sprinkle last pinch to turmeric on top of eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve on toasted sourdough bread (or preferred bread of choice) and enjoy!