If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love these wholesome cookies because I don't feel guilty if I want them for breakfast. The oats lend a satisfying texture and the nutmeg a lovely warmth. Use any nuts you like – walnuts would be delicious too. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
Makes 26 cookies
- 100 grams plain flour
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 40 grams ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup honey or real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C fan bake. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, ground almonds, nutmeg, baking powder and salt. Add pecans and carrot and mix well. Gradually add honey/maple syrup and melted butter and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture onto baking sheets and flatten with your fingers. They won't spread much so 2cm between each cookie is fine.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
- Allow to cool and firm on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack. Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container or cookie jar for up to a week.