If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Three Bridges
- 1 Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds
- 3 pounds Fresh Jackfruit
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Lettuce
- 2 Chipotle Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- • 10 Cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- Drain the Jackfruit (if using canned) or clean the Jackfruit (if using raw). Add to a saucepan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 10 to 11 minutes. Drain, shred with a fork and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt and cook Jackfruit until translucent. Stir occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- In a blender, blend chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic cloves, ketchup, ancho chili, black pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano and ¼ cup of water until smooth.
- Add the blended sauce to the skillet with onions and cook until the sauce thickens and smells roasted. Stir occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the shredded Jackfruit, 1 cup water and salt to the skillet. Mix well and cover for 10 minutes.
- Stir, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 15 minutes until the sauce reduces and the Jackfruit picks up the sauce flavor.