Author Notes: Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories: 252, Fat total: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 332 mg, Protein: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Calories from fat: 42% —Tina Haupert
cup low-fat milk
tablespoons butter, melted
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoons chopped chives
cup cup shredded Gruyere cheese + 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners (or coat with non-stick cooking spray).
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, chives, and cheese, setting aside 1/4 cup of Gruyere for sprinkling on top of muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden on top and remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese over tops.
- Turn oven to broil and broil muffins for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.