If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories: 252, Fat total: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 332 mg, Protein: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Calories from fat: 42% —Tina Haupert
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup cup shredded Gruyere cheese + 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners (or coat with non-stick cooking spray).
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, chives, and cheese, setting aside 1/4 cup of Gruyere for sprinkling on top of muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden on top and remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese over tops.
- Turn oven to broil and broil muffins for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch