If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lemon yogurt cake with lemon whipped cream and fresh berries —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch cake
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Syrup
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Lemon Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and yogurt until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt until incorporated.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake centre comes out clean.
- To prepare the syrup, place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve a table for the whipped cream. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, let it cool in pan for 5 minutes. Run a pairing knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan. Peel off the parchment paper. Place cake on a wire rack.
- Pour the syrup on the warm cake, allow it to soak the syrup and cool completely.
- To prepare the topping, whisk the whipping cream and the reserved lemon syrup until it holds firm peaks.
- Gently spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Garnish with fresh berries and lemon zest.