If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If the streusel is your favorite part of a bite of coffee cake, you're in luck. This recipe goes heavy on the streusel, both in the topping and a ribbon throughout the center. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
Makes: one 9" x 13" cake
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 55 min
For the streusel
cup (142 grams) packed brown sugar
cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
teaspoons ground cinnamon
tablespoons (113 grams) cold butter, in chunks
For the cake
cups (300 grams) all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoons vanilla extract
tablespoons (170 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
cups (285 grams) Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
cups granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 13" cake pan.
- To make the streusel: Whisk together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter until sandy and crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between each.
- Add the flour mixture and the Greek yogurt, alternating between each. Mix just until the batter comes together.
- Spread half of the batter into your prepared pan. Take 1/3 of the streusel mixture (or up to 1/2 of it if you want more filling) and sprinkle it evenly over the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the top, spread evenly, and top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!