I am big on making rich stocks for recipes. It is a free food item and adds huge layers of flavor to any dish —John Wilder
- Serves 6
11/2 lb lobster
lb large shrimp preferably with head on
rice of your choice
medium yellow or vidalia onions
boneless skinless chicken breasts
In This Recipe
- Put 4 quarts of water to boil in a large stock pot
- drop the seafood in and cook until just pink
- Remove from boiling water with a slotted spoon allowing the waterr to continue to boil.
- Remove lobster meat and shrimp from the shells and toss shells and lobster body and shrimp shells and heads back into boiling water.
- Once you have reduced the stock to 1 quart or 4 cups remove from heat and strain out the shells and reserve stock.
- coursely chop your vegetables
- in your paellla pan, add the oil and saute the green peppers then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Then saute the chicken breasts until browned and remove
- turn down heat to medium low and saute the onions until they are carmelized about 20-30 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon
- chop the smoked sausage and brown to remove the excess grease and remove with a slotted spoon.
- wipe out paella pan with paper towels and add the stock, rice, onions, peas, garllic powder, and saffron and cook covered until done, about 15-20 minutes
- add back in chicken, shrimp, sausage, and lobster meat as well as the green peppers and stir and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately