If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cherry walnut coconut bar —Oh Sweet Day!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- Cherry Filling
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and chopped
- Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 20 fresh cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan, and line with parchment paper.
- To prepare the crust, pause all crust ingredients in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- To prepare the filling, sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until pale in color, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Add coconut, walnuts and cherries and mix until well combined.
- Spread the filling evenly over the baked crust.
- Baked for another 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is set and lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- To prepare the topping, whisk the whipping cream and powdered sugar until it holds firm peaks. Gently spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of the cherry filling.
- Release the slab from pan. Cut it into squares. Serve with fresh cherries.