If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Frozen yoghurt, or fro-yo, is my favourite ice cream flavour. And here's how to make it without an ice cream maker, just in a small blender. The secret is to add some heavy or whipping cream - yoghurt on its own will freeze solid no matter what; some fat is necessary. Second, corn syrup instead of sugar isn't maybe more healthy but it sure helps achieve softer consistency. And if you use frozen fruit, the first stage of freezing is already done for you! —Cuisine Fiend
cup full fat Greek style yoghurt
cup whipping cream (or half and half cream and crème fraiche)
teaspoons corn syrup
tablespoons frozen blueberries
- Whiz all the ingredients very briefly in a small blender or a food processor. If you have an ice cream machine, transfer the lot into it and churn as per the appliance instructions.
- If you don’t have the ice cream maker, leave the mix in the blender and place the blender in the freezer.
- Take it out three to four times at an hour’s intervals and whiz briefly again; taste for sweetness and add more corn syrup if necessary.
- After the last spin scrape the mix into a plastic container and keep in the freezer.
- The fro-yo needs to be taken out of the freezer to room temperature about 10 minutes before serving or moved to the fridge 20 minutes before.