If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a mashup of Bill Smith's Atlantic Beach Pie and Taste of Home's Lemon Dream Cheesecake, with a little tweaking here and there. It's everything you want a cheesecake to be (rich and creamy balanced with citrus) with a hint of salt from the saltine cracker crust. Links for both inspirations are below. —Mary Catherine Tee
Saltine Cracker Crust
sleeves of salted saltine crackers
stick of salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. With your hands or with a food processor, crush crackers finely but not too finely (you want the cracker crumbs somewhere between the size of Panko and Rice Krispies).
- Transfer crumbs to a bowl. Add the sugar. Add the melted butter and mix until the mixture holds together. Press mixture into a springform pan, coming up about 1/2 inch on the sides.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
For the Cheesecake
pounds full fat cream cheese
Zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime, zested fine
Juice of above lemon and lime (about 1/2 cup)
tablespoons all purpose flour
teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add zest, lemon and lime juice, flour, and vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between additions, until mixture is smooth.
- Add cream cheese filling to the cooled saltine crust.
- To bake, position racks in the center of your oven and one right below center.
- Fill a 8x8 glass pan or 8 inch glass bowl with water, place on a baking sheet, and position it on the lower of the two racks.
- Place cheesecake right above the pan of water on the center rack. Close door and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Once center has set, remove cheesecake from oven. Set on a wire rack. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge. Let cool for one hour more at room temperature.
- Place in fridge overnight. Right before serving, pour powdered sugar in a fine mesh sieve. Dust over raspberries until coated white. Arrange strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries over the cake. Serve with whipped cream.