If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Much loved recipe from my sister in law's grandmother. We've been grilling this for family gatherings for 30 years. Excellent marinade and really tasty when cooked on a super hot grill to get the amazing crust. Leftovers are great the next day. —Chef Carlos
- 4 pounds Flank steak
- 1/2 cup Kikoman soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 6 Garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- Mix marinade together and marinate the flank steak in a large baking dish for at least on hour, preferably four hours. Start gas grill or coals, heat until very hot.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and cook on grill for six minutes, turn a cook for another four minutes. Check for doneness, should be medium rare at this point. Let flank steak rest for 10 minutes. Slice very thin against the grain and serve.
- Accompaniments include guacamole, roasted red skins parboiled and finished on the grill while steak is resting and grilled asparagus