Author Notes: English food may not be in high demand, but these crepe-like pancakes are delicious! My mom was a wonderful cook, and this is a version of her recipe, using whole grain pastry flour to keep them both light and healthy. —Sally Schrempf
cup milk ( I like organic whole milk but any milk will do)
cup whole wheat pastry flour
fresh lemon juice
avocado oil for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and flour.
- Add a little avocado oil to a medium sized pan and heat on low/medium heat.
- Pour about a third of the mixture into the pan - enough to cover the entire surface. Cook for a couple of minutes or until bubbles start to form and the bottom of the pancake looks golden.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and top with honey and lemon juice.