If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mexican street corn is one of my favorites but it's not an easy dish to eat-- especially at a dinner party. Not only is this version off the cob but, the longer it sits the better it gets so it's a great make ahead side dish. —Grant Melton
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to broil or prepare grill at high heat. Spray each corn cob with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the corn, turning every few minutes to char the kernels. Remove and cool. Cut the corn from the cob into a large mixing bowl.
- n a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, lime juice and zest, ancho and onion powders. Pour the dressing over the corn and toss to coat. Stir in the chopped cilantro and place the corn salad onto a large serving platter.
- Top the corn salad with the cheese and serve with some sprigs of cilantro and lime wedges alongside.