If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although Matcha is a hit on Instagram today, it was popular in China and Japan for centuries.
In fact, so popular that making and drinking tea became a traditional Japanese ritual – the Tea Ceremony.
Very important and spectacular ritual performed by just one person with grace beauty and respect.It would be tricky to recreate the full tea ceremony as people in Japan actually taking classes to master this skill. However, we can still make a great tasting Matcha Green Tea Latte at home with a special kit – a bamboo whisk, a Japanese ceramic bowl, and a bamboo spoon. Don’t worry if you don’t have this special kit! Just use regular whisk, spoon and mug. —Kirill Greidan
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 50 milliliters Hot Water
- 150 milliliters Milk (Cow’s or Plant Based)
- Honey (Optional)
- Add a teaspoon of matcha green tea powder into your matcha tea bowl (or any other small shallow bowl or cup)
- Pour the hot water over the powder and using the bamboo whisk, whisk in a up-and-down direction to make a thick, green paste.
- Next, add the hot milk and honey (if using) into the paste and mix well. Serve straight away.
More Great Recipes: