If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tasty dish of mussels and rice, prepared with carrots, tomatoes and parsley. —na2na3
- 500 grams mussels, scrubbed clean
- 250 grams white rice
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley stems, chopped
- 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- black pepper
- Heat cooking oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until they start to soften.
- Add chopped carrot and parsley stems. Add black pepper to taste and stir well. Cook until tender.
- Add the rice. Cook, stirring often, until rice is translucent.
- Place mussels on top. Add 500 ml water and stir gently. Cover and cook until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add chopped tomato and parsley leaves. Stir gently. Cook for 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Season with salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.