If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by the glazed, lemon cake recipe at "I Breathe I'm Hungry" (http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2017/03/keto-lemon-sour-cream-muffins-low-carb.html) —Brian Coppola
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetener (Swerve, powdered)
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/4-1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 4-6 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (topping)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (topping)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (Swerve powder) (topping)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (topping)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (topping)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (Swerve powder) (glaze)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (glaze)
- Simply combine all of the muffin ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. You can use a blender if you wish. Preheat oven to 350F and line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- For the topping, combine the melted butter with the other ingredients to make a crumb.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly into the muffin tins with a 1/4 cup scoop.
- Crumble the topping over each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the sweetener with some lemon juice. Adjust the amounts to get a thick nut mobile glaze.
- After the muffins are baked and slightly cooled, spoon and spread some glaze over each one and sprinkle the tops with more zest. Cool completely, wrap in plastic and refrigerate to store.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins